Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Support, Support...

There might problems today....
I have been using computers since about the moment everyday folk could purchase them and put them in their homes, and because a lady should never have disclose her age...let us just say that these were the days when your screens were black and your cursor was a flashing, bright green underscore.  
As my good friend SrEdu and I were reminiscing last night about that terrifying sound that dial-up connections made when you were finally "online," I was thinking about the topic of patience.  And because it is yours truly doing the thinking, my brain went from thoughts on patience to doing your part in the game.  

Because I have been around computers for a few <cough> years, I am intimately acquainted with their foibles.  (No pooter, we will not talk about the "black screen of death" incident...I promise you, that will never happen again!)  And the internet!  Well that is a whole other kettle of fish.  And one can experience a certain of frustration when we NEED or WANT to do something and our program/computer/game is not cooperating due to technical issues.  Although the fabulous crew at Junebud are always designing, engineering, and troubleshooting...they too have to deal with temperamental servers, coding issues, and so on.  When and if there are issues with the game, there are usually notifications via Twitter and the Game Forum.
Oh no!  No, no, no...I only have 30 minutes of free time to play!
Now this very evening, in my precious game-time allotment, I had two errors as represented by the images in this post.  ACK!  But as I am a devotee of the game forum, I figure that some of yesterday's issues have followed us into today.  And that is OK, well it is OK with me...despite that I may not get to play again until tomorrow, I can wait.  But in the meantime, I can also help our game developers by sending them a little message letting them know what my experience is in the game.  And tucked into that helpful missive, be sure to send as much information as possible as explained here.  Grumble when things do not work they way you want them to, but that program/game can only get better when we contribute!

No comments:

Post a Comment