Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things, Installment 4: Swamp Island

When I first started playing MilMo one of the very best things was getting to advance to a new island to see what new mysteries were awaiting me.  Now that I have been everywhere that is available to date in the Summertide Saga, Mice & Maniax, and Air World...the fun is now in hunting around these familiar places for coins and maybe working on some of those monster and weapon medals.

Each island and world has its own challenges and things to do, but I have to admit one island is my very favorite place to visit each time I play: Swamp Island.

Despite the fog and bubbling pools of ooze, such a pretty vista!

Back in those long ago days of newbie-hood, Swamp Island was a bit of a thorn in my side...mostly because of Explorer Token #1.  For those of you not in the know, to get this token you have to grab both the jump and the run and propel yourself over to that rock and then jump up to the nest to grab it. At that time Alia was still learning about timing and game movement controls and I could never quite get it.

I still look over at the ghost of that token and shudder just a little....

Where I always seemed to get stuck was on the rock itself.

Can't quite get there...no jumping, no climbing seems
to work, just...out...of...reach!

In my frustration, I would not quite make it to the top and would often destroy the barrel or parcel that was at the base of the rock.

Take that!

These efforts to gain the token, I must add, was accompanied with the good-natured teasing of Diegralisk, who would laugh at my inability to not make it to the top.  Luckily, he finally clued me in...I needed to use the barrel or crate to jump again to the top!  

Nowadays, Swamp Island is one my My Favorite Things about MilMo.  The reasons are many:

1.  Our cranky hostess: Mehitabel

Cranky ladies like Alianore love other cranky ladies

2.  Stuff to collect to work on those quests (the current Sun Parade quests and supplying super-collector Snipper)


Watch out for the crabs!

3.  Hopping around the ledges looking for coins.

I know those coins are here somewhere....

4.  Lasly, running up and down the levels of the top of the island and working on three monster medals at the same time:  Fiends, Onions, and Weeds.

Come and get me fellas.

So, what is your favorite island/location in MilMo?  










No comments:

Post a Comment