Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things, Installment 5: Event Reruns

One of the things that always makes me a little blue is the thought that I have missed out on something that everyone (or so it seems) got to see and/or do.  And for much of the time last calendar year, I was unable to complete some of the game's special events due to life circumstances, etc.
So empty!  The void in my medal count
is a like a void in my heart.
But this is one of the very best things about our game developers, they take into consideration their new and returning players.  I frown on the habit of comparing MilMo to other online games, either positively or negatively, it is it's own game and other games are what they are...although one thing I can say this about Junebud in comparison, they know how to properly balance the aspect of game "exclusivity" while keeping the game fun and on a fairly even playing field.  Whereas special events in games are a fantastic way to get players online and can reward a player with some neat, unique items, they can also be too exclusive to newer players if they just had the unhappy circumstance of not playing during that event.  And for semi-serious players, missing out always leaves you feeling a bit hollow.

Since I have returned back to playing actively, I have been able to take advantage of filling out my missing event medals because the developers have returned various events for all players to attempt.  Sometimes the re-released event is a duplication of quests, rewards, medals, etc. and sometimes there are slight changes such as the case with the Halloween event of 2011.
Got to be pumpkin-headed, but
was unable to finish the last 2
medals...ahh next year!
Since my return to active playing I was able to complete this year's release of Winterfest, and collected enough icicles to get the truly awesome Snow Gun which is not the most powerful of weapons but is so just fun to use!
Who doesn't love a snowman?
Last month saw the return of the Treasure Hunt Event, which is still active so if you haven't finished this event you better hurry!
I need to do some clothes
shopping to make this
Treasure Hunt hat reward
work, but I think it is the perfect
bunny-hunting accessory!
And now, to my eternal delight, the Fallen Heroes Event is back with Update 47.  I have much to say about the new update (look for review later), but one of my favorite things in this the return of Fallen Heroes!  That void in my medal profile includes 7 medals that go with this event and when I am done those shadows with be bright and shiny with my accomplishments.
Me and the super-sweet GabeLogan consulting with the
Fallen Heroes statue in Seastar Resort.











No comments:

Post a Comment